Buyukada Princess Hotel Istanbul is located on Buyukada, the biggest of the Island group known as Prince Islands. You can reach Buyukada by taking ferry from Bostanci. With its 100 year old history, it has a very special place among the Princess Hotels chain.

It was first opened in 1895 as Hotel Des Etranger and started operating in 1988 after restoration.
Being the symbol of Turkish hospitality, this location is ideal for the ones who long for the nostalgic history.

The ancient name of Buyukada was Prinkipo. Prinkipo means “big“in Greek. Buyukada, being the biggest of the Istanbul Islands, is the place once Trocki lived in exile. It covers an area of 5.4 square kilometer and it is 2300 meters away from Maltepe shore. There are two hills on the island, one of them being in the south and the other in the north. The hill in the south is called Yucetepe and is 203 meters. The one in the north is called Isatepe and there is Aya Yorgi Church and monastery is situated.

The first construction was built here in the 6th century. There are the remains of many churches and monasteries in this locality. Some of them could reach our time and the others stayed as wrecks. Hristos Church and Monastery is at Jesus Hill. Ayios Dimitrios Church is an important religious construction in Kumsal district. The Orthodox congregations carry out their big religious services here.

Among the four mosques on the island Hamidiye Mosque is the one that attracts most attention due to its architectural structure. This mosque that is constructed under the western impression is situated in the Ada Mosque Street.
There are no events at the moment..
 
 
 
Home Page | About Company | Hotels | Casinos | Events | Careers | Contact
 
www.worldofprincess.com 2014